THE NEW FRONTIER
Welcome to Northern British Columbia, the new frontier
of destination mountain biking.
July 25th – Aug 2nd 2019
The New Frontier
Geographically, Northern British Columbia is larger than California, yet there are more bears than people! The people are hearty, warm and adventurous. The bears… they are wild and they roam free. The mountain bikers you will meet are proud of their handcrafted trails and they are excited to introduce you to their stashes of prime singletrack that relatively few people have ever ridden.
A total of 700 kilometres traveled through the vast and scenic northern British Columbia route 16 corridor
- All airport shuttles included
- All-inclusive – all of your logistics are taken care of on this full-service tour from the time we pick you up at the airport until the time we drop you off at the end of your trip
- Average drive time is 2-2.5 hours (every other day) along scenic HWY 16, the northern corridor that winds through the beautiful mountain and along the mighty Skeena River
- 12-24 participants
7 days of intermediate to advanced all-mountain singletrack riding
- 9 distinct trail networks to explore
- Typically, two rides a day with a pedal in the morning and shuttles in the afternoon.
- The best access led by BCBR and local guides to each trail network provided daily and may include:
- Guided rides
- Climbing and descending (all-mountain riding)
- Detailed maps, signage, and local trail ambassadors
Three gourmet meals a day prepared by local caterers
- 23 hearty meals included – starting with dinner on Day 0 and ending with breakfast on Day 8
- A traditional West Coast banquet hosted by local caterers
- Daily Happy hour featuring local craft beer
Relax at the end of the day in a roomy BCBR 4-person sized tent set up by BCBR crew
- Complimentary outdoor yoga sessions some mornings
- Wifi at most basecamps
- On-site medical support
- Complimentary mechanical services (parts not included)
- Varied nightly entertainment & campfires
- Immersion into local culture and history
In addition to great memories and life long friends, we’ll set you up with some BC Bike Ride swag
- Custom logo’d BCBR bag
- Custom BCBR t-shirt
- Sample of additional items received in past years: camping Mug, Evoc backpack, coffee, red bag
An Unforgettable Experience
The unforgettable experience is the best investment you can make for yourself. In a time when ‘things’ lack meaning, experiences are what feed our souls. Research tells us that spending our money on travel rather than material items will make us happier, that the thrill of purchasing fades quickly but the memories of an unforgettable experience like BC Bike Ride is something that can bring you joy for a lifetime. Share the ultimate road trip experience with new and old friends, explore new cultures, see new sights, and best of all – ride the most incredible trails! Let us guide you in our backyard and help to create your next lasting memories.
[I loved] everything, frankly. Being among people crazy enthusiastic about mountain biking. Smithers was my favourite destination for the actual trails. I loved the campsites by lakes where we could jump in after the riding. Loved the on the spot tips and coaching. Thought I would never have the chance to ride the northern community trails. A dream come true. The Smithers brewery very nice touch and change up to camping for a few hours. Felt very spoiled. Loved your very professional and numerous staff. Nothing was too much. And the photos - unbelievable!